I’m hoping that 2014 will be full of opportunities and positive experiences–here are a few goals I have set for myself to make it an even more productive year:
- Get accepted to a graduate program or a summer writing workshop (or both)!
- Continue to post on time, and think of ways to spread the word about CT
- Try an urban fantasy, or a piece in third person, or both, for CT
- Finish some of my other pieces and sell a short story
- Cross off some of the books on my reading list
- Research my potential novel and get a draft started
- Be more attentive to the dreaded “he felt,” “she wondered,” etc.
- Likewise, in first person stories, spend more time developing the world without putting it all through the “I” lens
- Be sure to build my magic with concrete rules (and spend a little more time developing setting)
- Get out to Colorado, or somewhere else new, for a writing retreat!
- Spend some time editing CT pieces and possibly submitting new versions to other venues
- Write, write, write!